Our partner FedEx Freight has scheduled maintenance that may impact the API rating services for their freight services.
- Start time: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 10:00 a.m. CT (NOW DELAYED)
- End time: Sunday, February 21, 2021, 10:00 p.m. CT (NOW DELAYED)
Who is Affected?
All merchants/retailers that use FedEx Freight capabilities on any platform (including BigCommerce, Magento, Shopify, WooCommerce, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, etc.) will be affected if the platform uses real-time rates. In fact, most use real-time rating with no fallback.
The affected FedEx Services are:
- FedEx Freight
- FedEx Freight Validation
- FedEx Freight Label and Tracking
In order to mitigate rate disruptions in the checkout and cart ShipperHQ recommends the below options for all customers using FedEx Freight.
Set up a backup carrier for your FedEx Freight carrier by:
- Configuring another freight carrier as a backup OR
- Configuring a free carrier with a “will call” type carrier name so customers can still place orders, and you can then simply follow up to arrange shipping payment
For Non-ShipperHQ Customers
We suggest you check with your shipping solution provider or eCommerce platform to ensure you are not impacted. If you are impacted, it is recommended to establish or use another freight carrier or move to a temporarily manual payment process for the time period.
Reach out to ShipperHQ about how we can help you plan ahead for outages in the future. We have large support for FedEx and other freight carriers and are ready to consult for your business shipping needs.
Most outages like this occur without merchants being aware. ShipperHQ has over 12 years of experience in shipping and is working hard to ensure that such outages are recovered by alternative strategies such as we have recommended here.
To stay informed directly from FedEx, please visit the FedEx Web Services Announcements page: